Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.x and PHP4
To: setient@terra.powix.org, Daejuan Jacobs <daejuan@gmail.com>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC1@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/01/2005 10:14:20
Thanks, much.

I managed to get it to work, though in a very crude way.

I have php-4.3.11 installed as pkg_add, but apache2 is built by me.
(historical reasons, hard to change)  This would explain why the pkg
system didn't like me.

I tried force-installing ap_php, but that didn't install the stuff I
needed, and I didn't see any ref to apache2 in the ap-php pkg.  I also
saw a bunch of ap2-* packages, and presumed that since php was not
among them that php for apache2 was not yet available.

What I did was get php 4.3.11 from php.net, and build from source with the
"configure" settings as shown in "php -i" output.  This should closely
match the pkg system build.  I then did a "make install_sapi", which appears
to just install the module in /usr/local/apache/modules.

My previous problems building this from source are a mystery.  When I
blew it all away and started over with php-4.3.11, it worked fine.  I
*think* it was a missing "make clean" that bit me, but I don't know.

Is there an easy way to "trick" the ap-php package into thinking that I
have apache2 installed?

-dgl-