Subject: Re: PLL patch for radeon in iBooks
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wall=E9n?= <johan@tcs.hut.fi>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/06/2005 14:38:57
Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org> writes:

[Patch for PLL parameters in radeon_driver.c]

> Sure, tell me where to find the patches and I'll have a look. So far
> there's Option "iBookHacks" which simply keeps the driver from messing
> with PLL parameters - works, more or less, but isn't quite satisfactory.

I do not know about the iBook, but for new 15 inch PowerBooks (with
Mobility Radeon 9700),

  http://jcs.org/patches/xfree86-powerbook_radeon_fix.diff

combined with your patches

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2005/04/02/0001.html

seem to do the trick.  With these changes, XFree86 seems to work
nicely (it still does not restore the console properly when it exits,
but that is not a problem when run from xdm).

-- Johan