Subject: Random SIGILLs (was Re: bad kernel news)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/04/2005 14:58:50
On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 01:32:13AM -0600, Dave Huang wrote:
> However, programs still occasionally crash with SIGILL (which I think
> I've always seen with a MP kernel). For example, doing a build.sh -j3
> distribution will almost always crash at some point during the "make
> obj" stage, leaving either a sh.core or nbmake.core lying around in
> whichever directory it happened to be working in. As usual, building
> without -j seems to work fine.

I think this was a userland (libc? ld.so? no idea...) problem that has
since been fixed... yesterday, I upgraded to a 3.99.7 -current kernel,
and was still having problems getting build.sh distribution dying with
SIGILLs. I was persistent though and kept restarting the build until
it finally completed, and installed the new userland. Now the system
seems stable with either a uniprocessor or multiprocessor kernel :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++