Subject: Re: newbie question, boot cd on beige g3
To: Pangrazio, Robert Thomas (UMR-Student) <rtp6xc@umr.edu>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/29/2005 17:15:24
On Jun 28, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Pangrazio, Robert Thomas (UMR-Student)
wrote:

> I was, or still am depending on how you look at it a newbie to
> NetBSD/macppc. I have installed it on an Umax s900 successfully. What I
> would like to say is maybe the install notes would be easier to follow
> if instead of this format:
> Task 1
> 	If ofw version 1
> 	If ofw version 2
> 	If ofw version 3
> 	..
> Task 2
> 	If ofw version 1
> 	If ofw version 2
> 	If ofw version 3
> 	..
>
> This format was user
>
> If ofw version 1
> 	Task 1
> 	Task 2
> If ofw version 2
> 	Task 1
> 	Task 2
>
> If ofw version 3
> 	Task 1
> 	Task 2

I feel the same way, perhaps if I could have cloistered myself to do
the install, but any distraction at all, and I'd lose my place , and
found myself re-reading sections over and over , until I gave in, and
scribbled down notes to basically create the 2nd form -- It's kinda of
lab assignment; it's also like my brain has stored the OF version in
some high latency neurons, so that the run time cost of the compare is
rather high, so the 2nd form
is more efficient ;-)