Subject: Re: G4 freezes and kernel optimizations...
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/28/2005 14:32:40
Hello,

> Today again with the same kernel, I'm up 44minutes and doing all kind of
> works. Iexport display for now so I can check what happens.. If it stays
> stable for more than 90 mins I will start X too.

it happened about the same as yesterday, the box had an uptime of
several hours under which I did reach quite hicgh disk & cpu load during
various program builds, java usage, X window... zhen suddenly during a
stupid operatin in X (otday it was a plain drag-n-drop) the box freezes.
but still compared t the -O3 kernel the -O1 kernel is about one
magniuted better.

-R