Subject: Re: Re: Open-firmware access key on a PowerMac 7220 ??
To: port macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alexandre Hauguel <alexandre.hauguel@laposte.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/2005 23:07:02
Well,

Thanks for you answers (all),

I think I've tried command+option+O+F with hyperterminal under windows on
the other side. ( of course an adb cable was between the powermac and the
pc )

But I did not managed to enter in open firmware.. :/
Hyperterminal did not display anything about OF..

Though I can re-give a try to check if I entered the correct parameters ;)
But I think I've tried a lot..

Thanks,
Alex

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:01:05PM +0200, Alexandre Hauguel wrote:
> Im a bit used with netbsd under i386. But on mac im stuck because I don't
> know the key sequence to enter OF ?? Can anyone help and give me the key
> sequence ??
> I know that the key sequence could be the same as powermac 7200 (of
course)
> but also like the 4400 !!

I suspect its the same on both models, but I don't know which versions
of OF they run..

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0/macppc/INSTALL.html#Getting%20to%
20Open%20Firmware%20(Without%20using%20MacOS)

probably answers your question though..

Cheers,

Patrick