Subject: Re: wallstreet not wanting to boot NetBSD
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/2005 17:13:00
thus Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> spake on Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:06:15 -0400:

> Hello,
>
> > i have a pretty standard wallstreet (G3/250) book, CD-ROM in right
> > bay.
> >
> > it refuses to boot -- i did all documented stuff to no avail, perhaps
> > it's too warm here in europe now so that i can't thing
> > straightforward, no idea ;)
> >
> > has anyone managed to get this d*mn thing booting NetBSD?
>
> No, but...
> What exactly happens / doesn't happen?
>
> have fun
> Michael

set real base and load base to the appropriate values (it runs OF 2.0.1), figured out where to boot from (partition 10 is the partition a small Mac OS 9 lives on - i put ofwboot.xcf and both install.gz and netbsd.gz there) -- just as on my (OF3) machines, G3 b&w and G4.

when trying to boot from the 10th partition via 'boot hd:10,\ofwboot.xcf install.gz' or similar values, sth. is being displayed very short (a tenth of a second?) and then it boots Mac OS 9, after a few seconds waiting.

trying to boot from the cdrom -- as the guides tell -- via 'boot cd:0 blah' or 'boot cd:0,\blabla' doesn't work either.

as this thing is in standard config i just hope somebody can give me a hint. i'm willing to use this machine as my primary email and web machine and would be very happy to use it's serial port for some cisco/nortel/xyz stuff. but i don't want to spend days on figuring out how to boot it ;)

thanks,

timo