Subject: Correct keyboard type for Powerbook G3 with XFree86 4.5.0?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/17/2005 19:37:46
Hi!

I recently upgraded the X installation on my Powerbook G3 Lombard
from 4.2.x to 4.5.0.  After that, some keys stopped working or were
misconfigured until I added the following to my xmodmap initialization
file:

keycode 190 = BackSpace
keycode 170 = Up
keycode 104 = Down
keycode 183 = Right
keycode 126 = Left
keycode 157 = Begin
keycode 184 = End
keycode 181 = Prior
keycode 105 = Next
keycode 221 = KP_Equal
keycode 203 = Multi_key

Previously, I had been using a much shorter xmodmap file:

keycode 107 = BackSpace
keycode 115 = Multi_key

I tried all of "macadb" (my previous default),  "macusb", and
"standard" as "XkbModel" in the InputDevice section, but the keyboard
mapping didn't change. My XF86Config and XFree86.0 log file are
attached.

Any ideas why this is necessary with 4.5.0 and if there's a simpler
way to get back correctly mapped keys?

Cheers,
 Thomas