Subject: Re: RS232 Serial connection problem
To: 'port-macppc@netbsd.org' <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Schwerzmann, Stephan <stephan.schwerzmann@schmid-telecom.ch>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/13/2005 08:40:48
hello,

> Subject: RS232 Serial connection problem
> To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
> From: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
> List: netbsd-help
> Date: 06/12/2005 11:14:14
>
>  Hi,
>
> I've got a problem connecting to my cisco router from
> macppc9500(/dev/ttyZ0) with netbsd 2.0.2 on it.
[snip]

  I'm not familiar with cisco equipment with ist RJ-45
console ports, but for this kind of problem I usually
sort out things using
	<http://www.hardwarebook.net/>

  You may not find a "readymade" solution so you need
to look up few things: connectors (I feel you're already
fine with this) then cables

  since I like clean modular approaches, first I usually
map everything to Dsub-25 (only this IS RS-232, I don't
understand why device manufacturers do not stick on it...)

Stephan