Subject: Re: Apple switches to intel -- welcome to the 'historic section',
To: Jeffrey Hergan <jeff@absoluteproof.net>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2005 21:57:45
thus Jeffrey Hergan spake:

> On Jun 6, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>
>> thus Michael spake:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>> yip. i have not a single x86 machine here, and i never will (except  the
>> one i have a shell account on and can access it remotely).
>> unfortunately, today Apple died for me as did Commodore and sgi (e.g.)
>> earlier. it's a shame :(
>>

> Is it fact that Apple is switching to Intel or is it only rumor?

it's a fact since Job's keynote at the WWDC 2 1/2 hours ago.

> And wouldn't Intel be able to make a PPC chip?

who cares? Apple does surely not.

> Thanks for any info--I've been searching for links, but haven't found
> anything conclusive.

steve said that intel CPUs have more bang per watt than IBM/Freescale
CPUs. i think he got a *^-1 missed somewhere :D

the most curious thing is jean-louis gassee saying the same (NB: he's
the founder of Be -- they used to sell PowerPC boxens).

IMHO jobs definitely took the wrong drugs (no URL to prove here, ask
google :).

> Jeff

cheers,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.