Subject: Re: Apple switches to intel -- welcome to the 'historic section',
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2005 22:05:18
thus Michael spake:

>> Hello,

>> SPARC isn't going to disappear any time soon I guess, anyone can make
>> SPARC CPUs and Fujitsu even makes fast ones.

hm, an hour ago i mailed with a Sun employee (AFAIK) about this topic
with your arguments (Fujitsu SPARC64GP etc.).

reply was that UltraSPARC is too slow and even Sun engineers who were
SPARC die-hards are kind of Opteron fans.

this is what one can see if you read between the lines at Sun -- on the
other hand, i really don't understand what the Niagara is about, then.

>> Then there are some brits
>> who apparently make a living by designing and selling ARM-based RISC OS
>> machines, sadly a bit too expensive for me.

sad that the Amiga had no ECC ;)

>> have fun
>> Michael

i'll try ;)

-- Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis |
timo.schoeler@macfinity.net //macfinity -- finest IT services |
http://macfinity.net Key fingerprint = F844 51BE C22C F6BD 1196 90B2
EF68 C851 6E12 2D8A There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who
understand binary and those who don't.