Subject: turning off powerbook display
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2005 18:00:45
Hi! Some days ago I happily noticed that the display backlight of my powerbook
would turn off after the delay I had chosen within the KDE Control Center.
That had never happened before and doesn't happen anymore! Nothing's changed,
absolutely norhing, so I can't understand why it had this behaviour. Now with
xset dpms force off the displays turns black but the backlight remains on.
It was a good thing for me as I often leave the mac on to compile stuff.
I know it's strange... what can you tell me? :)

david