Subject: Re: problem building -current on macppc
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2005 00:00:06
thus Nathan J. Williams spake:
> Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net> writes:
>

>>thus Nathan J. Williams spake:
>>
>>>For what it's worth, the macppc kernels compile again now with the new
>>>warnings.
>>>
>>>        - Nathan
>>
>>thanks nathan,
>>
>>did you run a full build? i'm just asking because at 9th of may (or the
>>day before) i run into a not-compiligin Locore.c -- as this file and
>>it's dependends weren't changed a whole while ago, i thought that this
>>was/is a compiler issue.
>

> I build kernels for my two machines (g4 tower and ibook) and
> GENERIC. I didn't do a build of userland. I do have a new-ish set of
> build tools, though, and there's certainly been a lot of chaos around
> the new genassym.
>
>         - Nathan

thanks for the information. i think i'll try a release build tomorrow
(natively on my G4) as all my available machines now build -current for
several platforms.

(gosh, i need more CPUs! ;)

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.