Subject: Re: Power Computing PowerWave 150 boot info needed
To: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/05/2005 11:09:46
> I am "pretty sure" that it *should* be target 0, but without the
> "show-children" command working properly, I do not know of another way to
> check it out to be 100% certain. I have not heard the drive spin up after
> issuing the commands at all, but I can only assume that the drive must be
> good, since I can install to it fine booting from the floppies, and it was
> previously one of the drives being used as a Mac drive.

You could watch the boot messages from the kernel and see what the ID is.
It'd look something like this:

sd1 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <Maxtor 7, Y250P0, YAR4> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd1: 233 GB, 121586 cyl, 64 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 490234752 sectors
sd1: sync (100.0ns offset 8), 8-bit (10.000MB/s) transfers, tagged queueing

The "target 1" is what matters. If it scrolls by too quickly, mount your
disk from the install kernel's shell, chroot /mnt, and use dmesg.

John Klos