Subject: Power Computing PowerWave 150 boot info needed
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/05/2005 04:42:12
Hi there, been a long time since I have used netBSD, so I thought
what better use of my old PowerWave 150 than a netBSD box :). SO I
booted from the boot floppies, got it to install from CD-ROM (Never
could get the CD to be the boot device (burned in toast)) and then
went back to Open Firmware to boot it with 'boot scsi-int/sd@0:0' and
i get "can't OPEN scsi-int/sd@0:0" I have tried various other
combinations, such as "boot scsi-int/sd@0:0,ofwboot.xcf" and boot
"scsi-int/sd@0:0,netbsd-GENERIC" and things like "boot scsi-int/sd@0:.
\ofwboot.xcf" and every other thing I could think of or find in the
INSTALL but nothing seems to work...

if i try some of the things listed in the INSTALL doc such as 'dev
scsi-int ls'  i get:

F83C4A8:    /sd@0,0
F83D0D8:    /st@0,0
ok

I then type 'show-children' so I can be sure of what I am already
fairly certain is the proper boot device and I get

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00300
ok

only once have I ever received a different result than the above, and
that was it listed the first device then said "RESET..." (I think it
was RESETscsibus or something like that.

I am feeling like a retard here, and it is probably something stupid
that I am missing, but if someone could point me in the right
direction, that would be outstanding.

Thanks In Advance,

Greg