Subject: Re: Autoboot fails
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/04/2005 04:15:55
On Jun 4, 2005, at 5:39 AM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> 	(auto-boot? is already set to true)
> 	setenv boot-device hd:2,ofwboot.xcf
> 	setenv boot-file hd:3/netbsd
> 	reset-all
>
> But the autoboot does not work.  When I reboot the machine, all I get
> is
> a blank screen.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, happens to everyone.
If your boot-command is "boot", try changing it to
setenv boot-command s" screen" output boot
If you have a variable called "output-device" ( printenv ), you can try
the less cryptic
setenv boot-command output-device output boot

I guess Apple doesn't like the aesthetics of openfirmware, so they keep
the screen off,
while in OF ,and it isn't actually turned until forth hits the OK
prompt (basically, as late in the init as it could go ), or by apple's
loader.

I think maybe this should get into a file on the cd somewhere.