Subject: Re: Problems booting NetBSD after installation
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/03/2005 22:34:49
On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 15:41 -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> "Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > But now, I can't find a way to boot the system.  I'm trying what I see
> > in the installation notes and in the FAQ with no luck.  The thing is
> > that I still have ofwboot.xcf on the CD, so the following, as I
> > understand it, should work from within OpenFirmware 3:
> >
> > 	boot cd0:,ofwboot.xcf hd:2
>
> How about "boot cd0:,ofwboot.xcf hd:2/netbsd"? The way ofwboot parses
> its argument is a bit weird, and I don't think it interpolates exactly
> what you expect.

No luck :(  (BTW, there was a typo in the previous mail; it's cd, not
cd0.)

The thing is that it seems to access the hard disk (I can hear it), but
it always results in no such file or directory.  May this be because I
used FFSv2?  Is it there any way to ensure that the partition accessed
is the correct one from within openfirmware? (pdisk says 2 is my root
partition.)

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>