Subject: Re: Problems booting NetBSD after installation
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/03/2005 15:41:59
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> writes:

> But now, I can't find a way to boot the system.  I'm trying what I see
> in the installation notes and in the FAQ with no luck.  The thing is
> that I still have ofwboot.xcf on the CD, so the following, as I
> understand it, should work from within OpenFirmware 3:
>
> 	boot cd0:,ofwboot.xcf hd:2

How about "boot cd0:,ofwboot.xcf hd:2/netbsd"? The way ofwboot parses
its argument is a bit weird, and I don't think it interpolates exactly
what you expect.

I usually boot my iBook g3 with "boot hd:9,ofwboot.xcf hd:10/netbsd",
with MacOS on partition 9 (and the numbers so high because of the
MacOS 9 drivers).

        - Nathan