Subject: MCHK/compiler/whatever issue on G4 - need "official" workaround
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/02/2005 13:49:53
--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

(see the link below and followups for the problem I'm talking about)
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2005/04/03/0003.html

Since 2.1's release is coming soon (end of this month according to
the most recent timeline available), and the netbsd-2 branch suffers from
this problem which prevents a GENERIC (!) kernel from booting on some
G4s unless one of several workarounds is in place, can someone who is
more familiar than I with the building of the macppc port _please_
put a workaround in place so that macppc default installs will work on
these systems?  (Unless, of course, the actual problem has been diagnosed
and a real fix is imminent)

Some sort of commit to fix GENERIC which can be pulled up to the netbsd-2
and netbsd-3 branches would be most welcome.  I can test the pullups
on my G4/466 to make sure the problem is addressed, and do the actual
pullups.

Thanks,
+j

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99