Subject: apple ppc 4400 netbsd2.0.2 instable
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: idx.adrian_mayer <speeder@aliceposta.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/02/2005 18:39:04
hi,
today i found that netbsd v2.0.2 is instable !
i installed it in a genuine apple 4400 with PCI netboard 3com509.

The install procedure ends well, system boots and works fine
but if i use ftp there is a "networking stalled" that damaged all the
networking activities
Before invoking ftp ping 192.168.0.255 reports al the network's machine
connected to the 192.168.0.x network
afeter invoking ftp ping 192.168.0.255 reports only internal
networking, other machines can't ping the ppc and ppc can't ping them,
The networking is stalled with telnet and ftp.

so there is no solution, there is only to switch off the machine with
"shutdown -h now"

now i'm downloading netbsd 1.6.2 (in an other ata disk) and i will see
it is has this problem on this machine. I sospect this problem is
related to 2.x.x series. I have seen an apple PPC603 running netbsd
1.6.2 that hasn't got this collateral problem.

what do you think about ?

best regards