Subject: Re: Disklabeling with current
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Robert Thomas Pangrazio <rtp6xc@umr.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/01/2005 20:32:36
--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

I have attached the output. Thanks for the help.

Bob

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 03:03:12PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:21:29PM -0500, Pangrazio, Robert Thomas (UMR-Student) wrote:
> > About two weeks ago I downloaded current to get a PCI IDE card to work. Now, when I execute
> >
> > disklabel -i -I wd0
> >
> > where wd0 is my drive and a create a partition a which fills the whole drive I get this error
> >
> > disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFOL Label magic number or checksum is wrong!
> > (disklabel or kernel is out of date?)
> > Label not written
> >
> > I am pretty good with most unix stuff but I have no clue how to fix this. Am I wrong in thinking that since I downloaded current that nothing should be out of date. I don't know what a label magic number is so I don't know if it is wrong.
>
> I have never tried this on a mac, but maybe the output of
>
> pdisk -l wd0
> disklabel -t wd0
>
> would be useful to see..
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

Script started on Thu May 19 20:16:29 2005
new-host# pdisk -l wd0
pdisk: can't open file 'wd0'  (No such file or directory)
new-host# disklabel -t wd0
Maxtor 4D080H4  |Automatically generated label:\
        :dt=ESDI:se#512:ns#63:nt#16:sc#1008:nc#158816:\
        :pc#160071597:oc#63:
disklabel: boot block size 0
disklabel: super block size 0
new-host# exit