Subject: Re: Powermac SCSI users wanted
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/01/2005 00:34:25
thus Matthias Scheler spake:
> 	Hello,
>
> I've just committed change to the various NetBSD-macppc kernel configurations
> which simplify the SCSI bus attachments. Could somebody with NetBSD-macppc
> system with a SCSI hostadapter please confirm if a GENERIC kernel built
> from NetBSD-current sources still works? You should use at least revision
> 1.196 of "src/sys/arch/macppc/conf/GENERIC".
>
> 	Thanks in advance

prove me wrong when i suspect that it's not mandatory to use a HBA which
is supported officially on the Mac (i.e. shows up as an Open Firmware
device) -- so it's sufficient to run an AHA-2940UW (the ones for Macs
are AHA-2940UWM and the like)?

if so, i can provide results tomorrow.

cheers,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.