Subject: Re: Booter for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) can boot NetBSD?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC1@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/28/2005 10:40:21
I seem to recall that someone wrote a menu-like IFace that could be
put in forth's NVRAM.  What I would really like is a forth boot
that could be set to default to one system, and boot it after a
short timeout, but allow switching to an alternate on some keypress(es).

I know that Mac OS 9 won't allow this, because it scribbles on the
forth settings. ;-<  In theory, it would be possible with Mac OS X,
NetBSD, OpenBSD, etc.

-dgl-