Subject: Anyone found a workaround for "g4 boots, but doesn't auto-boot" problem?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2005 07:47:31
--------------enig45133B824E0636E08E91C604

As part of my aggravating saga of getting this g4/466 up to a point
where I can use it for testing, I ran across an issue where I can get
everything booting OK manually, but when I set auto-boot? to true, the
machine hangs at a white screen.

Googling a bit led me to several threads about it (the most recent one
about a year old),  and a very old PR (12786) closed(!) with no useful
information.  Has anyone made any progress on this?  Is there anything I
can try?

Between this auto-boot issue and not having a serial console, it's gonna
be awful hard to do remote testing on this machine...

Thanks,
+j