Subject: Re: wm*?
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/12/2005 11:17:01
--JBi0ZxuS5uaEhkUZ

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:19:16AM -0700, John Klos wrote:
> >I'm running a 1.6H kernel (yeah, it's ancient) and have a wm card in. It
> >works fine.
> >
> >I turned off checksumming because my router used to have problems with it
> >(we messed up forwarding when we had checksum offload active). I've never
> >gotten around to re-adding it.
> >
> >tanis> ifconfig wm0
> >wm0: flags=3D8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> >       capabilities=3D7<IP4CSUM,TCP4CSUM,UDP4CSUM>
> >       enabled=3D0<>
>=20
> So does that mean that, in the current state in 2.0 and in current, it=20
> works, but has issues when forwarding?

wm in general had issues with forwarding. The router which was causing the=
=20
problem was an x86 (just making sure we're clear that there wasn't a=20
macppc-specific issue here).

The problem has been fixed in -current, and I believe it is fixed in 3.0. =
=20
I'm not sure if the change was pulled into 2.0 or not. So I think it
should work w/o IP4CSUM when forwarding in 2.0, and if the fix was pulled=
=20
in, it will work wiht IP4CSUM when forwarding.

Take care,

Bill

--JBi0ZxuS5uaEhkUZ

--JBi0ZxuS5uaEhkUZ--