Subject: ld behaviour on 2.0.2
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: None <amoschos@in.gr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/10/2005 16:35:23
I have a working 2.0.2 installation (iso -cd install) on my ibook (g3 =
366,320 MB).I=20
compiled the current xsrc.tgz which is working fine.But i am having =
problems compiling=20
other stuff.

Building current-kernel fails at a step which ld is used (with the flags =
-x -r)

Installed mozilla from the package collection (binary install) and it =
gives me a core=20
dump.The same with dillo.

Tried to compile mozilla from source (1.7.5 source from mozilla site) =
and it breaks at=20
the point where the configure script determines the output of gcc.

Gave a shot to "build.sh tools" (in order to overcome the kernel =
compiling problems)=20
and it breaks at the same point with mozilla.

I am posting this to determine if things like these happened to others =
also or it is=20
something locally to me.
Any kind of suggestion would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.