Subject: Re: modifier key remap can be improved?
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/2005 15:25:28
--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:33:23PM -0400, Tim Kelly wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005 15:08:58 -0500
> Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com> wrote:
>=20
> > If you enjoy worrying, go for it, but otherwise I'd suggest you get =20
> > on with your life.
>=20
> Actually the whole conversation was quite disappointing.  I had hoped
> that it would spark some desire to ensure the integrity of the code in
> NetBSD, but instead I see no shortage of a willingness to use code
> regardless of where it came from or how it is licensed.

Please note that there is a lot of integrity within the NetBSD project
regarding code origin and licensing. TNF has done quite a lot to ensure=20
that we know where code came from and what license it was released under.

The primary matter here though is that your opinion of what constitutes a
derived work does not appear to agree with copyright law, while TNF's
policies do. Thus even though the project cares strongly about this, it
arrives at a different decision regarding what constitutes a derived work.

Take care,

Bill

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2--