Subject: iBook G4 USB mass storage: disk not configured
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mathias Monnerville <mathias.monnerville@paris4.sorbonne.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/04/2005 14:55:12
Hello,

I am tring to get my USB 1 SD card reader working. I can not access the
device because the kernel seems not to know what kind of driver it should use.

Here is the kernel output:

May  4 14:26:27 adam /netbsd: umass0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
May  4 14:26:27 adam /netbsd:
May  4 14:26:27 adam /netbsd: umass0: Generic Mass Storage Device, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
May  4 14:26:27 adam /netbsd: umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
May  4 14:26:27 adam /netbsd: scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 4 luns per target
May  4 14:26:27 adam /netbsd: scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Generic, USB SD Reader, 1.00> disk removable not configured
May  4 14:26:28 adam /netbsd: scsibus0 target 0 lun 1: <Generic, USB CF Reader, 1.01> disk removable not configured
May  4 14:26:28 adam /netbsd: scsibus0 target 0 lun 2: <Generic, USB SM Reader, 1.02> disk removable not configured
May  4 14:26:28 adam /netbsd: scsibus0 target 0 lun 3: <Generic, USB MS Reader, 1.03> disk removable not configured

Of course my kernel is compiled with USB mass storage support:

$ grep -i usb MYIBOOKG4

options         USBVERBOSE      # verbose USB device autoconfig messages
# PCI USB controllers
usb*    at ohci?                                        # USB bus support
uhub*   at usb?                                         # USB Hubs
uhidev* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?     # USB HID device
ums*    at uhidev? reportid ?                           # USB Mice
ukbd*   at uhidev? reportid ?                           # USB Keyboards
uhid*   at uhidev? reportid ?                           # USB Generic HID
ulpt*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?     # USB Printer
umodem* at uhub? port ? configuration ?                 # USB Modem
umass*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?     # USB Mass Storage
uaudio* at uhub? port ? configuration ?                 # USB audio
# D-Link DSB-R100 USB FM radio tuner
# USB Ethernet adapters
#cue*   at uhub? port ?         # CATC USB-EL1201A based adapters
#kue*   at uhub? port ?         # Kawasaki LSI KL5KUSB101B based adapters
uscanner* at uhub? port ?                               # USB scanners
ugen*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?     # USB Generic driver

Searching ML archives and google give no interesting results.
Any suggestion/solution is welcome.

--
Mathias