Subject: Re: building -current userland
To: None <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/03/2005 01:16:28
In article <l03102805be9bf6d88bd9@[192.168.10.99]>
hockey@dialectronics.com wrote:

> I'm trying to find individuals who have successfully built with _macppc_
> tools.  Cross-building appears to do things differently, in spite of
> suggestions to the contrary.

build.sh always do cross-building even if target == host.

>  If I can find someone that can build -current
> userland with macppc using a cvs up more recent than this past Friday, I
> will cvs up and again spend twenty plus hours building.  As far as I can
> tell, the error was in gdb, not gettext.  I probably just didn't get far
> enough to fail on gettext.

I've tried make build on macppc with April 30 sources and it finished
alter I added local changes against gettext.
(BTW gdb is built after gettext)

> If it took NetBSD developers twenty plus hours to build userland, they
> might be less cavalier about commits that don't compile.

IMHO you should provide exact command you typed and exact error messages
you got in your problem report.
(Maybe you specified -jN or something? I've never seen "4 errors"
 or "1 error" messages in my logs)
---
Izumi Tsutsui