Subject: Re: few simple questions
To: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
From: Daejuan Jacobs <daejuan@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/30/2005 10:06:44
To the both of you, thanks for the help. One more question.=20
So how would I actually install NetBSD over my current linux
partition? I would boot the cd, and is there some tool the detects the
current linux partition? Here's my current /etc/fstab for Linux.
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda4       /               ext3    defaults,errors=3Dremount-ro 0     =
  1
/dev/hda6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0

On 4/28/05, Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de> wrote:
>=20
> A hint for booting. If things didn't change in the meantime.
> If you are dual-booting you probably already use yaboot.
>=20
> yaboot can directly boot the netbsd-kernel (i.e. /netbsd) from
> an ffs partition. I don't know about other partition types, my
> setup was that way.
>=20
> The only thing required was to link /bsd to /netbsd because
> yaboot had the kernel name (bsd) hardcoded.
>=20
> As I said before, it's been a while and things might have changed.
>=20
> Rudi
>=20

--=20