Subject: Re: beige g3
To: Johnny <jhu@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/30/2005 06:38:59
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:43:39 +0000 (UTC)
Johnny <jhu@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that your beige g3 has ofb0 set to 1024x768x8. I was
> wondering how you were able to do that because I can't seem to get
> anything beyond 640x480x8 on my beige g3 (revision 1 with ati rage
> II+). Thanks.
>
> -John

On my AGP G4, while in Open Firmware, I change the resolution by the
following:

dev screen
1d set-mode

I then boot as I would normally.  The above requires some basic Open
Firmware to be on the card, and not all display cards have this.  To
find out if your display can support changing the resolution in OF,
after the dev screen command, do

see words

and look for set-mode, show-modes, and mode#.  Show-modes will list
possible resolutions.  The mode number must preceed the set-mode
command.

Usually once I've set the resolution in OF I don't have to change
it again.  Your mileage may vary.

tim