Subject: 9500 HD options
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerardo_=C1lvarez?= <galvarez3d@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2005 21:05:40
Hi.
I have received a 9500, I want to use it for ftp/web/SQL-PHP serving.
I have somehow/somewhat installed 2.0 on it but now I find its 2 GB HD
is way too small for what I need (call me greedy if you want)
It came with three external noisy hard disks, which add up 45 Gb.
These disks are SCA. Is this supported under netbsd-macppc?
Other possible solution would be to get a PCI-SATA adapter, like this
one (http://www.sonnettech.com/publicfiles/pdfs/pdf_datasheets/temposata_da=
tasheet.pdf)
and then some cheaper HD. Althought this is not cheap, it seems a
viable solution since the PCI card can be reused on almost any other
PCI mac. Is this supported / advisable?
Or find some SCSI HD in ebay, although I have looked around and waht I
find is not cheap (I live in spain)
What would you recommend?

Regards
--=20