Subject: Re: Java on port-macppc
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@ininito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/20/2005 12:17:31
On Wednesday 20 April 2005 01:49, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> ok, i've recently gotten into toying with java, and i have the question of:
>
> is running java going to happen for port-macppc?  i've got plenty of
> Solaris boxes here to run it on, or will once i get them setup, and in the
> meantime, i would like to do some devel work on my mac.
>
> is this reasonable?  does java even work well on NetBSD?  the source code
> *is* available, does sun include enough to build a working Java from it?
> would porting be something i might want to look at for the good of NetBSD?
> all the "best" jdk stuff seems to be linux that we are running via compat.
>
> -brian

It seems this should work... I've used pkgsrc/lang/blackdown-jdk13

% uname -a
NetBSD powerbook.serah.tvb 3.0_BETA NetBSD 3.0_BETA (TWILIGHT) #0: Fri Mar 25
08:19:11 GMT 2005
serah@powerbook.serah.tvb:/usr/obj/sys/arch/macppc/compile/TWILIGHT macppc
% java -version
java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
Blackdown-1.3.1-02b-FCS)
Classic VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-02b-FCS, green threads, nojit)
I hope this is what you were looking for :)

david