Subject: Re: Odd problem with OF on G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <MacPPC1@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/19/2005 08:31:51
At 7:11 AM -0400 4/19/05, Dan LaBell wrote:
>On Apr 18, 2005, at 10:22 PM, Donald Lee wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I have a G4 on which I've installed NetBSD 2.0.2.  It seems to be working
>> very well. :->
>>
>> I have a Mac OS 9 partition on the disk, that sometimes comes in handy.
>> However, if I ever let it boot into Mac OS 9, I can't get OF back with
>> cmd-opt-O-F.  I have to reset PRAM (cmd-opt-P-R) and then re-enter
>> my boot params.
>
>Do you mean, it just keeps booting mac os9, ignoring cmd-opt-o-f or dead screen?
>And you have to hold the power button to turn off?

Once I boot into Mac OS 9, it will "automatically" boot into 9 just
fine, but if I do the "cmd-opt-O-F" to get to OF, I get a black
screen.  The only way to get to NetBSD is to do "cmd-opt-P-R" and then
boot with "cmd-opt-O-F" and re-enter the boot params.

I'm going to try what Makoto-san has suggested - adding the partition
number to the "default" boot.  I'll also try setenv-ing the
NetBSD params (for auto-boot) and see if I have the same problem
after auto-booting NetBSD.

-dgl-