Subject: Re: storing nvaliases in NVRAM ('NVRAMRC not valid')
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: zeta.orionis <zeta.orionis@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/19/2005 15:09:06
On 19 Apr 2005, at 14:16, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> Make sure you're unmounting the flash drive in OSX before removing it.
> If you're just yanking it, the file may not have been fully written.
> I'm guessing that when you're opening it on OSX, you're opening it
> from the hard drive, not directly from the flash drive.

I think this could be the problem... I did
umount /flash and it worked the first time, but the second it may have
told me it was still busy and I disconnected it anyway. I'm not sure
which time I was copying files.
On the other hand I couldn't pkg_add from the flashdrive either, and
I've copied two sets of files onto it.

Are there two Michaels on this list?