Subject: Re: setting OF in the dark
To: port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Rooney <http@telus.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/18/2005 21:50:58
Bill Studenmund wrote:

[ snip ]
 > 2) You can get MAC<->VGA adapters. That way you can plug a VGA monitor
 > into the /chaos/control, and will save you getting the video card
[ snip ]

I Got One.  Procured by kin, yay!  Only, when I use it, going into open
firmware gives me a white screen with regularly spaced vertical green
lines going the entire height of the screen, no prompt.  At least it's
not black with the monitor's pulsing green 'disconnect' light...  `eject
fd:` works (I think I can safely use eject as an unambiguous test of
whether or not input is being accepted), but not `boot' or `boot
cd:,\ofwboot.xcf'.  What does this mean?  Hosed hardware?  Or do I need
to terminate a year-old goat without blemish at one end of the scsi chain?

Peter