Subject: Re: Problem: OF reset
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/14/2005 13:26:36
On 2005-04-14, Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:04:25 +0000 (UTC)
> Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org> wrote:
>
>> > I've used System Disk 2.3.1 on 7200, 7300, 7600 and AGP G4 models
>> > without any problems. What problems do you experience with it?
>>
>> It is unable to set Open Firmware variables.
>
> There are only two times I've seen that - when the PRAM battery is no
> good and when I don't hit "Save" after leaving the Advanced Options
> window. Otherwise, I've never seen it fail. I never found a need to use
> Bootvars because System Disk 2.3.1 was so reliable.

I'm assuming that, since this is a Mac Clone, it's not absolutely normal for
System Disk to fail, but it's somewhat "acceptable", if you know what I mean.
Anyway, when System Disk started on my Mac OS 8.6, it complained about some
server stuff and after hitting the Save button it beeped. Then I checked if
my changes were present, but they weren't.

--
 Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>        http://www.netbsd-pt.org/users/rpaulo/