Subject: XFree86 success on 12" G4 PowerBook 1.33 GHz
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brain <asemisldkfj@comcast.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/05/2005 04:29:42
Hello.  I'm running NetBSD 2.0 on my 12" PowerBook G4 1.33 GHz.  I
haven't had the time to get the stable source yet and rebuild, but I
decided to try to get X running in the meantime.  XFree version is
4.4.0.  Right now I have the HorizSync in my XF86Config set to 31.5 and
the VertRefresh to 50-70.  The good news is that I got X up and running
with twm!

My question is, does anyone know, or know where I could find, the
maximum recommended HorizSync and VertRefresh rates for the PowerBook's
LCD are?  I know that the maximum resolution of the 12" LCD is 1024x768,
but I can't find the maximum recommended settings for the refresh
rates.  And of course, I'm afraid I'll damange my LCD if I set them up
wrong, so I figured I'd ask first, and also just get it out there that X
runs on the second-latest PowerBooks with no apparent problems (yet :)).

Thanks for any help!

-Brain