Subject: Re: XF86 on macppc, issue 8472854 ;)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2005 19:35:14
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:18:24 +0200
Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de> wrote:

> no, i'm not running michael's kernel because i've spent the last
> days/weeks figuring out (no, that was more the part of tim kelly --
> thanks, tim!) why -current didn't run on my G4 and G3 since early
> october last year...

Just a bit of clarification - Nathan's patch to preserve external
interrupt enable fixed Timo's original problem, but during diagnosing
this optimizations were turned off. It took a little while for Timo and
I to realize this and attempt the kernel with optimizations on, which
fixed the MHCK problem that remained after Nathan's patch. We don't
know why turning optimizations off introduces an MHCK exception.

tim