Subject: Re: XF86 on macppc, issue 8472854 ;)
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/31/2005 23:18:24
hi,

>> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/wsmouse1"
>> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/wsmouse1
>> 	Device not configured.
>> (EE) wsmouse0: cannot open input device
>> (EE) PreInit failed for input device "wsmouse0"
>> (II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
>> (II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
>> (WW) No core pointer registered
>> No core pointer
>>
>> Fatal server error:
>> failed to initialize core devices
>
> My guess is that it couldn't connect to your mouse and bailed out, in
> the process of doing so either did not put the CRTC back the way it
> found it, or the ofb driver didn't reinitialize the display. Are you
> running Michael's kernel and X sets or "official" X sets? either way,
> X does not like not being able to grab input devices.

no, i'm not running michael's kernel because i've spent the last
days/weeks figuring out (no, that was more the part of tim kelly --
thanks, tim!) why -current didn't run on my G4 and G3 since early
october last year... now we know that it's an MCHK issue which gets
(re)solved when highly optimizing the kernel (altivec, mcpu/mtune, and
O3).

furthermore, i don't have michael's X sets installed -- didn't he pull
up his patches into -current yet?

timo