Subject: Re: Help: Kernel panic
To: arix chen <arix@la29.com>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/29/2005 02:12:25
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, arix chen wrote:

> I have a PPC 8600 running NetBSd 2.0, but sometime the kernel will panic and has the following message. It there anyone can help me to find out the problem? Please tell me what information I should post.
>
> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "si->si_refs > 0" failed: file
> "../../../../arch/powerpc/powerpc/softintr.c", line 116

Your best bet at this point is to try a current kernel and see if it still
occurs, or wait for the next release; unless you feel like testing
bleeding edge patches to enable crash dumps and fix interrupt handling.

A good start for what you have would be to type bt at the db> prompt after
the panic and send us that output