Subject: Re: macppc pkgs [was: Re: Beginner's guide to NetBSD on MacMini ( was Re: HI JASON, WELCOME TO OPEN FIRMWARE!)]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: davide <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/16/2005 16:34:17
On Wednesday 16 March 2005 13:47, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> > i'd like to contribute -- the where to put the binaries (especially to
> > avoid 1000 and one different places from where to fetch parts of bulk
> > builds 8)? or is there a contact you could point me/us to?
>
> Looking close again, it seems that John Klos <jklos> did the last batch of
> macppc pkgs on ftp.netbsd.org. Assuming he'll do so in the future, the
> question moves from doing bulk builds to fixing pkgs to build properly in
> these builds.
>
> As it seems there were no macppc bulk build results published recently
> (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/), which is where everyone could
> send output of their own builds to.
>
> Next step would be to fix bugs so pkgs build in bulk builds, and voila -
> binaries when John next does the bulk run (and upload :).
>
> As for KDE and OOo, I know this is a hard & long job, but only somewhere
> with the hardware can do it.
>

>   - Hubert

The main problem according to me is when packages are built but
vulnerabilities are found so they are taken off from the packages directory
and they are not rebuilt. This is very rare on i386, but a big issue on
macppc.. I think...
And about OOo.. does it really work on macppc? Is the linuxPPC version
working?

david