Subject: re: HI JASON, WELCOME TO OPEN FIRMWARE!
To: Bill Squier <email@example.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 03/16/2005 02:03:23
After reading your posting
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2005/03/15/0003.html), here are
a few ideas that I think should be added to a "Beginner's guide to NetBSD
* I guess the first step would be "boot MacOS X"?
* that "dd" command nukes MacOS X, right?
* After "reset the mini", remind people how to get into OFW
* What is "netbsd.macppc"? Where does it come from, where is it put?
* sysinst: why move partition A (wd0a?) 1MB in? skip bootblock?
* Instructions on getting X going would be nice, and maybe a few examples
on how to get stuff like KDE and OpenOffice going (no sh*t! :).
Besides such a Beginner's guide, merging the data into
src/distrib/notes/macppc would be much appreciated! :)
Extending htdocs/guide/en's "II. System installation and related issues"
chapter (http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/part-install.html) will get you
extra karma. (But that probably needs some work in the existing text
first...volunteers to work on that are very welcome!)
NetBSD - Free AND Open! (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)