Subject: Re: 15 inch G4 powerbook
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Roger Midmore <roger@cs.wisc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/15/2005 12:50:07
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Michael wrote:

I'm not sure if we have a similar problem or not.

But i just got my new power book as well and want to install netbsd on a
seperate partition. First, however, I tried to just install X on OS X from
the Darwin-ppc-7.x distro and ran into a very similar problem.  X doesn't
seem to work properly. If I use twm as a wm and launch X on top of quartz
it starts ups just like yours. It will crash if I try and use another wm
or if I try and run X from the >console and not on top of X. So I think
there might be a problem with X on the new hardware, since the drivers for
the new hardware came out in dec (i think).