Subject: Re: G3 (beige) OFW 2.0f1 boot problems
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Robert Schien <robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/12/2005 23:41:12
On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 05:02:10PM -0500, Chris Tribo wrote:
> > Thanks for this link. Unfortunately, it did not help.
> > After a few rotations of the / , the system hangs.
>
> Is:
>
> 	- System Disk / Startup Disc patches loaded
> 	- Real-base and load-base set correctly
> 	- your root partition less than 7.9 GB in size
> 	- any bootable PCI cards removed (i.e. Adaptec SCSI)
> 	- your HD set to master or single (not CS)
> 	- your boot device set to ide0/@0:0

My boot device is ide1/@0:0 . This Mac has a relatively new
HD (80 GB) which is connected to ide1. Is this perhaps a problem?
Can the system not boot from the second ide port?

The root partition is 1,5 GB. The rest is 1 GB swap and a large /usr partition.

There is no bootable PCI card. Only the internal SCSI (Symbios/NCR)
exists.

Real-base and load-base are set correctly.

I think the patches are loaded, because the 0 bootr command is available.

The setting of the HD (master or CS) is unknown to me. Will check
this tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

I 'll report my advances...

Greetings