Subject: Re: Broken 1.6.2 ld.elf_so
To: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/26/2005 13:27:37
>>> Anyhow I have a 604ev based machine (ANS 700) that has been running a
>>> 1.6.2 kernel since april 2004:

NetBSD was misreporting the processor for a long time - it reported 604e
machines as 604ev. I don't think that's the problem, though.

>> Try this - get the latest 1.6.2, run build.sh with -D somewhere other than
>> /. Then, try to chroot to whatever you used for -D. See if you can do
>> anything without dumping core.

> I can not do this right now, is a production system. I will be replaced by
> newer hardware soon, and then I might give it a try.

Not even in a separate chroot? I highlt doubt that the problem would be
specific to 604ev processors as compared with 604e, but another data point
would be good.

John