Subject: Re: I'm having problem booting a PowerBook G3 (Open Firmware 2.0.1)
To: NetBSD macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/22/2005 23:26:04
When I said "boot automatically," I wasn't referring to the prompting
for the root device, I meant in open firmware, I must say "boot
ide0/@0:0" although boot-command, boot-file and boot-device are set
identically. What I think I'll do is just clear boot-file and boot-
device and set boot-command to "boot ide0/@0:0", it's not a big deal.

I was going to solve the prompting for root device by:
"config netbsd root on wd0a type ffs" (this problem occurs in 2.0 stock
kernel, I haven't had a chance to see if it happens in -current as it
hasn't finished building :)

The -current config file I'm using is clear of the problematic line
though, now reading: "obio* at pci? dev ? function ?"

A bit off topic, what's the status of wscons for macppc in -current?
A couple of FAQs suggest lack of some support and 'wsconsctl -a -d' also
shows a fairly limited amount of options. Just curious.

- Anthony