Subject: Re: I'm having problem booting a PowerBook G3 (Open Firmware 2.0.1)
To: Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2005 09:34:54
No. You may just need to do a power manager reset
(Command-Option-Fn-Power, or whatever the keys are listed as on the
port panel on the back) to rewrite the corrupted PMU code (after the
main battery is charged), or:

- your PRAM battery is dead or shorted *
- your PMU board is defective *
- your motherboard is bad *

* = requires extensive disassembly of your machine to replace

The correct procedure for rewriting the PMU code is on
accelerateyourmac somewhere if the power manager reset doesn't fix it.