Subject: Re: I'm having problem booting a PowerBook G3 (Open Firmware 2.0.1)
To: Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/20/2005 07:05:00
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:18:53 -0800
Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de> wrote:

> So, i can boot to fd2 (floppy drive in the left bay), by using boot
> fd2:,\OFWBOOT.XCF. And that worked just fine to install everything;
> however, I can't boot to what I installed. I double checked and made
> sure that file system wd0a is mountable and everything seems to be
> there. I copied everything from /usr/mdec/ to it's /.

If you've got an install in place, backtrace from wd0 to determine the
path to devices that match the path in Open Firmware. Is this a
2.0 install? Patches to fix problems with the bootpath not being
properly identified on Powerbooks with two mac-io devices (yours is
one such PB) did not make it into 2.0 so your task is made more
difficult. In general, NetBSD/macppc 2.0 is bug prone and you may want
to reconsider and install -current instead, which fixes many of the
bugs.

tim