Subject: Re: OF console unpredictable
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/13/2005 00:48:18
In message <2c1361b7b3f260892790e0338f8bd9f9@earthlink.net>, Michael writes:
>Good question - the console should pick the ROM font when the screen
>resolution is smaller than 1024x768 or whatever compiled-in font the
>console driver sees fit otherwise. It should also fall back to a
>compiled-in font when it can't find the ROM font for some reason.
>So - I assume you don't change your screen resolution all the time?

Nope!  Every time, I start with a 1024x768 screen using the "small" Mac font.
I do the same thing:
	boot hd:2,\ofwboot.xcf
and I get the sun console font, except sometimes it stays in the original
font.

BTW, on a marginally-related note, how do I make ofwboot.xcf delay for a
few seconds before loading a kernel, if, say, I might have a kernel that
won't work very well, and want to boot my old one?

-s